• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Illustrator not Exporting Artboard Size???

Participant ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My artboard is set to 8.5 inches x 14 inches (legal).

I then select "Export" and select "Use Artboards".

When I open the file in Photoshop it is: 3957px x 2280px and it should be 4200px x 2550px which is 8.5 x 14 inches. I have no crop marks or anything only artboard size at: 8.5 x 14 inches.

Q. Why is Illustrator not exporting the Artboard at 8.5 x 14 inches (4200px x 2550px) ???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Thank you. I checked the bleed and there was an object that I moved out of the way.

I deleted it and now back to correct page size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up exporting 1x PNG, loading/stacking them all in a PSD and then Export As... 92x92px PNGs. It took me an extra 15 minutes but, a far cry from the time I've wasted trying to get Illustrator to work the way I would expect. AITA? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "the exported asset dimensions are wonky" a pixel more or less than 92 could be caused by them not aligning to the pixel grid.

Right click in the rulers and see if they are Global Rulers, if not change from Artboard to Global Rulers.

To align your artboards, click the Rearrange All Artboards button in the Artboards panel.

Export for Screens and use the Artboards section to export them at artboard size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to export at 92x92 and what does get exported?

Are all the artboards as well as the artwork aligned to the pixel grid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either re-align artboards or manually set the artboard position so there is no commas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this old thread because I could not get Illustrator to export items to Artboard Size yesterday, every time it added pixels along the edges if I exported to PNG or JPG. Discovered that if I turned off the bleed, it fixed it. I know I'm late to this party, but I'm really surprised Illustrator does not have some kind of option to export just the artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines