Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Intertwine greyed out.

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am experimenting with Intertwine tool but can't seem to figure out why it's greyed out so often. I'm trying to create a monogram with my initials just to as an assignment to get used to this feature but when i click select the two letters and go to Intertwine, it's greyed out. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Experiment , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share an Illustrator document for inspection?

One that does not work as you want. Include some further instructions if you think it may help to understand the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intertwine does not work with Live Paint objects, objects created using Repeat, or Graphs. 

If intertwine is not working and you are using a back version that supports it, go to Edit > Preferences > Tools, and make sure that it is enabled. (that preference was removed in the current version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes you can outsmart it: https://youtube.com/shorts/3IlMlTYg2IQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines