• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is this happening and how can I make it all uniform?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First post! Appreciate your help and thanks in advance community. As you can see, the M has a clear area inside of it and I am wondering how can I do the same for the C and the H? What is the reason why these didnt replicate themselves in the first place? I was able to connect the paths for the outer ring in the C but when I succeeded at doing that, the inner ring of the C vanished behind the white created by the outer ring. 

Hope this makes sense. Any help and understanding would be welcomed.  

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The end points of your open paths are being automatically connected to produce a fill because you didn't create actual closed shapes. This of course only looks good on some shapes. In order to get consistent behavior you have to create actual fill areas for the letters as closed paths and then overly your other paths with the black strokes. This isn't something that can be achieved using just single instances of the artwork.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An open path with a fill will automatically be fille between the start and end points of the path.

Just create closed paths that you want to be filled and don't give them a stroke.

And create open paths with a stroke, but don't give them a fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what Mylenium said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wnc,

Based on a different interpretation, if you wish to have just the strokes, just use stroked paths. But you ought to join the rounded part of the C to the straight horizontal part so the inner and the outer parts are both formed by a single path instead of three; as you can see the fill only shows within the rounded parts.

I believe you are disturbed by the checkered background, but that is just the Grid showing. In this case it is a good thing because it reveals that the C parts need to be joined.

You can hide the Grid in the View dropdown by clicking Hide Grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case you only want black lines without fill colour.

At first: hide the grid in menu --> View

• select all [Strg/Ctrl]+[A]
  • if the fill color Icon (at the bottom of the Tool Bar) is not in front of the stroke color Icon -> press [X] (otherwise continue with next step)
  • press the key [#]
  • deselect all [Strg/Ctrl]+[Shift]+[A]

Ready

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines