• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why multiple AIRobin folders?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oddly, this seems not yet posted. i have a bunch of AIRobin folders in Application Support / Adobe. Today they are 10. They became 11 just after my screenshot and i have no Adobe apps open except for CC.

Sometimes i trash the ones i think are the oldest, just for fun. Nothing bad happens, yet.

Why so many? They totally seem versions, so why keep old versions?

Screenshot 2023-04-11 alle 18.05.23.png

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @kappesante,

Thanks for reaching out. The multiple AIRobin folders in your Application Support / Adobe folder correspond to a different version of Illustrator. So if you update Illustrator to v27.5, released today, you will see AIRobin 27.5 folder, which is expected behavior.

It is common for software applications to keep old versions of files in case they are needed for future reference or compatibility reasons. However, if you are running low on storage space, and these folders are taking too much, which they shouldn't in the first place, then it is safe to delete the older AIRobin folders that are no longer needed. Just be sure to keep any current or active versions of the folder.

I hope this clarifies!

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to help.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines