• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window and panels moving when Mac goes to sleep

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue with Adobe apps while using Mac M1 with an external monitor. When put in sleep, the windows and palettes move to the bottom half of the screen. 

There are comments on this thread that confirm

this is an issue with specifically Adobe apps(illustrator, photoshop and indesign at least):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/window-and-panels-moving-when-mac-goes-to-sle...

please, Adobe support, address this issue.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to share that the product team has resolved this issue in version 28.1. I've personally tested it and couldn't replicate the problem. Would you all mind installing this version from the CCDA and informing us if it resolves the issue on your end?

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 104 Replies 104
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this same issue with a M1 mac and external monitor when using Adobe apps (illustrator, photoshop and indesign) it's clearly and adobe issue with M1 macs and is being reported more and more in the phosothop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cespejo1158 @j4m1eb,

We are sorry for the trouble. I know this has been happening for a long time. I have logged a new bug with the product team.
I am able to replicate the issue with M1 Mac Mini. Currently, the team will check if it is something that needs to be fixed from our end or Apple's. I will keep you posted with updates as soon as any new progress is made toward fixing this issue. Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Also, I would request you to upvote this UserVoice and add your comments there. I appreciate your patience. 

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Anshul_Saini we worked together on fixing the disapearing text bug in Indesign 17.0. I too have posted this bug on UserVoice. Just so you know the moving screen issue is present in Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesgin whenever and M1 mac with extranl monitor goes to sleep. Look forward to seeing a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same - Mini M2 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @j4m1eb,

Yes, I remember we worked on the Text Disappearing Indesign issue. I am currently working with the product team and helping them with the investigation.

I have one observation, this only happens when an external display is connected and it is set as your main display in system preferences. If I make the Macbook screen the Main display and turn off the external display, then turn it back on, Illustrator windows stay in its place. However, undocked panels move here and there.

Would you mind checking and confirming the same behaviour at your end?

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that it is definitely an issue related to using an external monitor. There a few others in this forum who have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 100% it with an external display. Think laptop users have different issues and it depends on how they have an external set up as a laptop has another display. I have this problem with both a mac mini and a mac studio (both M1) that have no display. I only have one display, a LG-38WN95C-W. The issue happens every time the monitor sleeps.

When you read throught the thread on the community, it's all the users with headless M1 macs (mini and studio) with external displays that have the issue. I'm sure once the new Apple Silicon powered Mac Pro comes out, it to will have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for confirming this. I will reach out to you if we need further information. Thanks again!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue on M1 MacBook Pro laptop with a eizo monitor as the main monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening with Photoshop on a new MacBook Pro M1Pro also.  the photoshop screen jumps when the computer and external monitor goes to sleep  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any further development on resolving this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cespejo1158 @caroline true,

Thanks for your time & patience. We are still investigating the issue. Recently I installed macOS Ventura Beta 5 on my MacBook Pro M1 Max connected to a 4k monitor, and the issue seems to be resolved for Ai, PS & ID. However, I am still able to replicate the issue on macOS Monterey 12.5.1 on my Macbook.

I will keep you all posted with updates on the progress. Please, feel free to reach out to me if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the 2022 version of Adobe apps and the offical Apple release of Ventura and still the probelm happens everytime the mac/monitor sleeps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is relentlessly truly annoying!!. new issue is that now instead of moving around the screen, lightroom jumps from one screen to another and photoshop disapears half way down the screen on waking my new macbook pro and new dell screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do update on progress.  Yesterday when awakening my computer from sleep Lightroom had jumped from my external monitor to the monitor on my MacBook Pro and photoshop had moved so far down the screen i could barely see it.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do update on progress.  Yesterday when awakening my computer from sleep Lightroom had jumped from my external monitor to the monitor on my MacBook Pro and photoshop had moved so far down the screen i could barely see it.  Thank you

By @caroline true

You need to report that to the Lightroom team. This space is about Illustrator.

And make sure to notify Apple of the bug. It's their bug, because it happens all over the place, even with Apple software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In March 2023, having the same issue with MacBook M1 pro running up todate Ventura OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothings changed, if anything it's getting worse and more annoying!  Lightroom is now moving from the external monitor to my MacBook Pro screen and hiding itself behind the secondary monitor display🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been following this thread for a while now and was hoping that this issue would be resolved with teh coming of Ventura and the 2023 Adobe apps, but the problem still occurs. Other non-Adobe apps does not seem to be effected. I'm using Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign and Dreamweaver. I've tested with full screen app windows and resized windows, it doesn't make a difference. The Adobe app windows drop toward center screen after sleep or slumber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm adding to the chorus. Same problem. 

Mac Studio 

Monterey

PS24

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to complain to Apple. This is not an Adobe problem. There are countless threads in Apple forum about this issue for all kinds of software, which Apple has been unable to address for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines