Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WMF

Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a CD ROM in 2000’sh it contains WMF vectors, I want to import to Blender as SVG, but it’s not successful, it’s a mess, I was hoping to flatten the layers/artwork but AI is not letting me. The new 3D feature in AI looked promising but no good. The WMF open in AI, Publisher, Paint, Word. Any ideas? Thx

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WMFs can contain all sorts of data and without any specific info about the actual appearance and layer structure nobody can tell you much. Generally, though, you may simply be facing a lot of work and/ or need to rebuild the artwork. WMF has never been a good format for storing editable files due to its structure. show us a screenshot of the layer palette and the canvas of your file at least and we may be able to advise.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My work flow was open the object with a template, as I gussed it may involve redrawing the whole thing as you say, 

this is one of the simpler objects (to start with) the others are more involed with curves etc. The SS of the layers is as it comes in to AI, the second is after I've cleaned up with the Shape builder tool, Thx

Screenshot 2022-03-20 170303.jpg

Screenshot 2022-03-20 164705.jpg

 

Screenshot 2022-03-20 165558.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines