• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word cluster

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please tell me how to do a word cluster on illustrator?  I have a client who want an entire poem inside of the word HEALED. 

The only video I can find to help me on this is seven years old. 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

You cannot fill text into a compound path. Other than that, this should work. Take a look at threaded text in the documentation.

You need to release the compound paths and fill the text into the outer shapes. Then Object > Wrap text with the punches.

I have not watched that tutorial. If it does not work for you, please describe step by step what you tried and what exactly does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specifically? Providing an example to clarify would be useful. There's just too many ways to create a word cloud from simply filling contours to meticulously aligning stuff along edges and custom formatting specific words. That said, of course chances are slim you'll find the perfect solution. You may be able to generate some of that stuff with online generators that can save SVGs and of course there may be scripts, but you will still face a lot of manual labor for fine-tuning.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"word cloud from simply filling contour"

So I want the word HEALED as a contour and to fill it with an entire 300 word poem. 

Much like this video: https://youtu.be/kzLdqzMzMT8

But this video is too old. Or I just do it the way it's instructed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot fill text into a compound path. Other than that, this should work. Take a look at threaded text in the documentation.

You need to release the compound paths and fill the text into the outer shapes. Then Object > Wrap text with the punches.

I have not watched that tutorial. If it does not work for you, please describe step by step what you tried and what exactly does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines