• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D extrude & bevel effect on text

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the 3D extrude & bevel effect on 4 letters of text in the font 'Myriad Variable Concept' but the effect doesn't seem to apply to letters without curves, for example L, T, A. But it does work on S, O, Q etc.

I would like the 'Complex 4' Bevel type and the 'Plastic Shading' surface type.

The curved letters look exactly how I would like with the following settings (see attached). 

I have tried many, many different combinations of the extrude depth and height without any change to the non-curved letters.

I have also tried adding a slight curve via the Path offset feature, also without sucess.

Help!Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 16.50.20.png

TOPICS
Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tested other fonts, and the same appears to be to be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks as expected to me. Can you show a screenshot of your result? What size is the text?

Screenshot 2021-06-07 171757.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How strange... what am I missing?

My font size = 90.

See screenshot below.

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 17.50.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try another color (instead of black).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other colours are working!

Its not ideal, as I need black but I could try desaturating the image of a different colour..

Is there a way to make black work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grey?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Light grey works but not dark grey or black...

I've been playing around with the 'shading colour' though, off the back of your suggestion, which is getting me closer to the look we are after...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing this problem and need help like you. If you have something good, please share it with me.

Nha Cai Plus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bevel works on all the letters if its in colour, which is a step in the right direction, however it is creating a shine on the curved letters, but not the other letters, no matter what the colour. Something to do with the plastic effect setting?

(See screenshot attached)

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 18.47.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing that can reflect the light in that particular place on the T and the A.

Put the light somewhere alse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tested this? If so, can you show me where you have placed the light? I have moved it all around the sphere with no change to the T and A (shine-wise).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines