• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator 2020 quits unexpectedly on macOS 10.15.1

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator 2020, Version: 24.0.1 (24.0.1) crashes every 5 minutes or so. It has become debilitating. I've been trying to identify a pattern, but haven't seen any yet. It's happened when I've duplicated layers, closed my laptop and reopened it, copied items from one file to another, sometimes I'm just staring at the screen and it quits. 

I'm on a brand new MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) running macOS Catalina version 10.15.1

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd recommend you to reset the preferences. You may follow the steps below:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

You may also try to reboot your machine in safe mode and see how the app is responding there. You may follow the steps given on https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem - got a new laptop and Illustrator has been quitting without warning several times a day. Normally after coming back to the laptop after a break.

Tried to find those folders you mentioned but none of them exist on my laptop. None of these locations have any files or folders which mention Illustrator:

• ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 

Could this be causing the problem?

Note: I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times, reset and resolved all conflicting fonts in Font Book

Specs:

Illustrator Version 24.0.2

macOS Catalina Version 10.15.1
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Macintosh HD

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with OS 10.15.1 and Illustrator 2020 and I have now wasted more than 10 hours trying to fix this and work around the crashes.  I have cleared my caches, I have restarted my machine probably 100 times, I have unistalled and reinstalled Illustrator multiple times, I have unchecked GPU Performance, and I have tried only starting Illustrator with my WiFi disabled (all things suggested on other forums).  I do actually need Illustrator to work to do my job, so I hope there is a an actual solution to this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care so they can login to your system to fix this.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to lessen the crashes by turning off the Automatic Data Recovery. Go to Preferences/File Handling & Clipboard then uncheck "Automatically Save Recovery Data Every:" It still crashes from time to time, significantly less.

Be sure to save you work often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MSligting 

Was this resolved?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I've reset all my preferacnes, turned of GPU Performance. I still need to try booting in safe mode, but right now I just try and remember to save often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for reaching out. I would request if you can try following these steps and share your observations:

• Try turning off  GPU Performance under Preferences > Performance. Also, try disabling "Automatic graphics switching" from System Preferences (Click Apple menu > System Preferences and click Energy Saver).

• If that doesn't help, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the Illustrator.

• If nothing helps, then we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help on a live session that way.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Just in case you haven't resolved your issue yet... I too am running the same specs/mac and my InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator all were quitting unexpectedly.  I don't have time to screw around with fixes _ I had an online chat with Adobe support team and these are the steps with links I was told to follow - so far, so good. All is fixed. I don't know if it matters or not but I work remote and on a home network.  Anyhow, good luck!!

Step #1:  Please run the cc cleaner tool from the link given below and clean all.

https://swupmf.adobe.com/webfeed/CleanerTool/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

Step #2: Once you are done with the above step, please install the creative cloud from the link given below and login with the adobe ID, after that let the creative cloud update. Once the creative cloud is updated you will be able to install the application.

http://ccmdl.adobe.com//AdobeProducts/KCCC/CCD/5_0/osx10/ACCCx5_0_0_354.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe illustrator 24.1.3 and macos catalina 10.15.5 ... the issue is this TURN OFF optimize file open and save time on slow networks (Beta) and GPU Performance should be good after that . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines