Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator CC 2020 crashes upon launch

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I'm using Adobe Illustrator 2020 on an iMac Retina 4K, 21.5-inch screen. Came into work this morning and launched Illustrator just like I do every other morning and received the following message a few seconds after the splash screen:

Sorry, Illustrator has encountered an error and needs to close.
You will not be able to use Illustrator at this time. Please contact Customer Support and use the reference code 205 for more information on how to resolve this issue.

I've never received any sort of message like this in the past, so this is a new one for me. The kicker is when I click on the Customer Support link, it brings me to an error 404 page with a "Sorry, that page can't be found" message. So, here I am at the forum. Has this happened to anyone else recently? Also, I did search for similar posts and found something from 2014, but it didn't seem to align exactly with what was happening to me, so that's when I decided to post.

Any help would be vastly appreciated.

Thank YOU!

Mark H.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

The error code you referenced is addressed at this link about licensing errors: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/licensing-errors.html. See if the suggestions given there help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bill,

Appreciate the quick response! Thank you for the link, but I've been up and down that page this morning and I don't see anything there that will help my specific problem...unless I'm missing something. I poked around all of those links on the page you suggested and it's lead me here to the support community.

Unless you could point me in the direction of a specific entry that aligns with my situation...

Aprreciate it.

Mark H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error code you referenced is addressed at this link about licensing errors: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/licensing-errors.html. See if the suggestions given there help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see....thank you for the clarification.

As I was awaiting additional input from the forum, a colleague of mine suggested I call Adobe Tech Support (800-443-8158). Turns out my issue was that my system was not providing the correct keychain password to the Adobe Illustrator app to allow it to launch properly. A relatively quick fix, but I can't help but wonder how many other good folks have had this same problem, but are left scratching their heads for hours (like I was).

Bill, the link you posted above does in fact reference error code 205 as an error in which the app is unable to store profile and licensing information in the secure storage (keychain in macOS and credential manager in Windows) on your computer. Essentially, it's the same solution that the Adobe tech provided.

I'll happily mark this as the correct answer.

Thank you for your time and expertise! It is much appreciated.

Mark H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I'm having similar issues with all of my Adobe Suite -  were you able to fix?  J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines