• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator displaying CMYK colours as RGB

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All. I'm having issues with Illustrator. This issue didnt arise from any update to Adobe Illustrator or any system update, although I've reverted back to the 2020 version of Illustrator and I'm not having the issue, but ideally I'd like to work on the most recent version of Illustrator.

The issue is that CMYK colours are displaying as RGB in Illustrator. The document is set up with CMYK colourspace, swatches, colour, etc, everything is set up as CMYK, but the colours displaying RGB. This is for all documents, however if I create a new document it displays fine, until I drop an image (jpg, png, psd and any colour space CMYK of RGB) and then the images and colour appear as RGB. When I save out the file as a PDF the colours appear as CMYK, but it is very frustrating and sometimes need to save the file out 3-4 times to get the colours right.

This iamge shows the same colour (CMYK 10, 25, 60, 10) on the right is the colour displaying as CMYK when I opened a fresh file, and on the right how the colour appears RGB after I dropped an image into the file.

Another quirk is that RGB iamges in the file appear as CMYK, however CMYK images appear as RBG.

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue happend to me and I just fixed it. Go to Edit > Color Settings > Setting > choose monitor color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kimj89927660 Can you show us your Edit > Color Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines