Highlighted

'adobe photoshop clip image is too big to be exported'

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I saw on the Photoshop forum someone was asking about this issue, but hadn't been answered in the last few months, so I thought I would try here as I seem to be having the same issue.

For reference: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/HELP-Photoshop-CC-20-0-3-quot-Adobe-Photoshop-clip-Image-is...

When copying+pasting a large image out of Photoshop and in to Illustrator I get the error message  'adobe photoshop clip image is too big to be exported'. I have a high-end Windows 10 PC running PS and AI 2020, PS has been set to use more than 20GB of available RAM and both programs have been given access to scratch disks with plenty of space.

As walterb5038854 notes in his own forum post, 3620x3620 is the maximum size I can copy and paste in to Illustrator without getting the error message. I have attempted to untick 'Export Clipboard' in Photoshop's Preferences > General and this just stopped me copying and pasting, no improvement whatsoever.

Hopefully someone can help with this!?

TOPICS
Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

'adobe photoshop clip image is too big to be exported'

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I saw on the Photoshop forum someone was asking about this issue, but hadn't been answered in the last few months, so I thought I would try here as I seem to be having the same issue.

For reference: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/HELP-Photoshop-CC-20-0-3-quot-Adobe-Photoshop-clip-Image-is...

When copying+pasting a large image out of Photoshop and in to Illustrator I get the error message  'adobe photoshop clip image is too big to be exported'. I have a high-end Windows 10 PC running PS and AI 2020, PS has been set to use more than 20GB of available RAM and both programs have been given access to scratch disks with plenty of space.

As walterb5038854 notes in his own forum post, 3620x3620 is the maximum size I can copy and paste in to Illustrator without getting the error message. I have attempted to untick 'Export Clipboard' in Photoshop's Preferences > General and this just stopped me copying and pasting, no improvement whatsoever.

Hopefully someone can help with this!?

TOPICS
Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue - can find no solution online despite two threads on it - what's going on here?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just Place it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this equivelant functionality and convenience? If you're alt-tabbing between PS and AI and copy/pasting between the two, whcih I frequently need to at print scales - then I'm not sure it is, unless you can shed some light.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be easier to copy and paste, but you will not lose anything with placing instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing as I have 64GB ram available - it should be fairly elementary to copy paste large file sizes between software of the same developer without hinderance - without an unexplained resolution cap of 3620 pixels.

I don't really see your point of 'do it a less convienient longer way that removes the advantage of the thing you are asking for'- the feature of PS to AI copy/paste is there, it has a seemingly overlooked physical limit applied which my system exceeds the requirements for - I'm asking for this to be fixed. 

At a guess I wonder if this cap was applied at an earlier V number to address older systems crashing, but as stated, this isn't a problem now.

I've explained why I don't want to/why it is not useful to me to use place instead. Re-iterating to me that place exists isn't in any way helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make a feature request here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Resources