Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ai Character UI text is too big

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Strange problem that I've always had with Ai. I hope you can help me.
For some reason, the Character menu and the Effects menu UI text are larger sized text than the rest of the interface. Below, you can see the size of the "Iska" typeface. This is the standard UI size for my computer. All the rest of UI is in that size. The Character UI text size is much larger, which makes it hard to view the available fonts.
Any suggestions how to fix this?

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is really unusual behavior. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & Illustrator?

Are you using Adobe Illustrator on a secondary or external monitor?

Please try resetting the Adobe Illustrator preferences and see if that helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using Windows 10 and Illustrator CC, and yes, I use a laptop with an additional monitor. They are both set for the same dpi and resolution.

I tried resetting the preferences and it didn't change.

Edit: Actually this question got me thinking and I tried opening Ai on the laptop screen, not on the external monitor. It works fine! All of the UI text is the same size. So it seems to be something about my monitor?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I re-installed the monitor driver and no change.
I don't think this is a problem with Ai, but with the way my monitor interacts with Ai.

But maybe it is a problem with Ai, as I tried checking this with PS and ID and this is only happening with Ai.

This is very strange and very frustrating.

Edit: I contacted Adobe Help and they told me that it is working as intended. That nothing is wrong with it. Maybe I'll try chatting with a different person, as this is clearly not the case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this same issue and it is very annoying. Did you find a fix? I'm also using a windows laptop with external monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a fix for this? I'm experiencing the same problem since moving to 2022. It cuts off the text when you search

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly speaking, I'm not quite sure about what you are talking in that case.

Does your screenshot indicate that you are only seeing a fragment of the dropdown menu in the Characters palette? Is it cropped? Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what's happening is that Ai is setting it's sizes based on resolution. The main screen has a higher resolution, so when it's moved to the secondary screen with a lower resolution certain UI elements get sized up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think so too, but I can't figure out a fix. I've tried adjusting the display settings on the computer, but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines