Blank Screen on Illustrator on Mac OS

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the illustrator app everything is blank.

When I try and open a new document basically samething, the new document window opens but I can not see anything or choose anything.Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 2.52.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-26 at 3.08.14 PM.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020
Hi there, Sorry to hear about this issue. I understand how frustrating it could be. Let us help you fix this. Please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes: Rename CEP folder from /Library/Application Support/Adobe  to CEP.old If that doesn't help, rename extensions folder from /Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP to extensions.old If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using Cleaner tool (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I understand how frustrating it could be. Let us help you fix this. Please try following these steps one by one and let us know how it goes:

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this worked. Nothing but a white screen and wasted time. Current machine: OS X Big Sur 11.4 (was occuring before the latest update, today 5/24/2021) and on PC: win10 64bit. Everything up to date. 

This is disappointing. Any more ideas??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If uninstalling and resetting doesn't help, then the next thing would be to contact Customer Care, so they can have a look inside your system https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Monika, I replied to your other post as well, but - I got it working (viewing?) again by selecting "view" and "pixel view" or something like that, then closed the file, and reopened from Creative Cloud - all works now. Strange. 

Thank you so much for your replies, I appreciate it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the best solution i got to my OS Illustrator 2020 24.2.0 was:

In preferences check the box that says "Use Legacy New Document dialog"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines