• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Convert Simple Object to Shape

Participant ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked around for answers here but couldn't find anything matching my rather simple problem: I have a black silhouette of a leaf shape, all vector, no stroke or mask or any extraneous elements, and it simply will not convert to a shape no matter what I do to it (so that I can select all of the leaf objects at once in the more complex tree graphic I'm working with). I've expanded (not that it needed it) and tried a variety of tricks I found online, but to no avail, it's always "Object not converted." It has two points total! Here's the shape, in all its simplicity:

Morazan_2-1628372756978.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Use Global edit.

Select > Same > Shape is for Rectangles, Ellipses, Polygons and lines = shape objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve.

Can you please describe?

Object > Convert to shape is meant for converting rectangles, Circles, polygons to the corresponding shape objects (a special kind of objects).

What kind of "shape" are you looking for? Are you looking for the Global edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd was trying to make it and its many duplicates selectable through Select>Same>Shape so that I don't have to select each leaf individually to make edits to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Global edit.

Select > Same > Shape is for Rectangles, Ellipses, Polygons and lines = shape objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS: Ah, I see now -- I should be using Global edit instead, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines