Color Sync

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am exporting from AI an artboard and saving it as png. When I place it in the same document the colors are different.

I checked in bridge, the color settings are synchronized..

What could be the cause? 

Thanks for response

angelika

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton_Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

If you work in CMYK documents, you can change your color settings temporarily to sRGB when you want to export to png.

The problem is that Illustrator uses the RGB working space (in your example eciRGB) to convert your CMYK to a png file, but other applications assume (see as profile) sRGB and display the wrong colors.

Changing your RGB working space (temporarily) to sRGB wil correct this.

You could also solve the problem in Photoshop, but that is adding a couple of steps to get it right.

You can open the png file in Photoshop, Photoshop will see an sRGB profile. You can correct it by selecting Edit > Assign Profile and choose the eciRGB profile. After clicking OK you can select Edit > Convert to Profile and choose sRGB as destination space. That will make your file an sRGB document as most applications expect from a png file.

Topics

How to, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the old Export > Export > Save for Web (legacy) exports it correctly and has the option checked to convert to sRGB when saving as PNG.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Add a group