• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash Issue with CC 2019

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to use illustrator on my computer yesterday just fine. Suddenly today when opening the program it will crash within 20 seconds of being open. I do not know what the issue is bc i dont mess with settings. I have sent in about 4 crash reports with no response

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Hi,

Please try again. We believe the crashing should no longer occur.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. AI 2017 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI 2018 is also working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illustrator CC 2019 keeps crashing. Adobe, where are you. you are costing people a lot of aggravation and money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have notified the AI development team (will ping ID as well) including crash logs and network workaround mentioned here. They will need to investigate further.

Sorry for the crashing. I'll post back here if I get any updates on other workarounds.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the "disable wifi and disconnect ethernet" solution. Able to launch Illustrator without crashing. Connected ethernet and was able to work without any problems. Illustrator started freezing after 5-10 min. Unplugged ethernet cable again. Problems went away. Able to work 20 minutes without any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed, disconnect internet on the Mac and the PC and no crash.  Assuming it's an authentication issue with the licensing server.  For now I can work with the Mac offline from the Internet.   Will monitor this thread for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Creative Cloud App —> Preferences and —> Creative Cloud —> Files and then turn off Creative Cloud Sync. This solved the issues with both Ai and Id. Shame shame shame on Adobe for allowing such a massive and widespread mess up. Money well spent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it might have been fixed. I'm able to have Illustrator open for more than 10 seconds without it crashing. I didn't disconnect my Internet and just opened it like normal, with no issue.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro x64 with latest updated software.

My Mac users are not having issues anymore either. Mixed Sierra/High Sierra/Mojave environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed working for me again, seems like the might have fixed the server issue. Crossing my fingers it stays up for the rest of the afternoon. Did we ever get an autosave feature yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI and ID are back up for me too. Disabling WiFi was not an option in my case. All working fine now though.

Maybe somebody tripped over a cable and accidentally unplugged the licensing authentication server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try again. We believe the crashing should no longer occur.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like they have updated the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this problem at 10:33pm eastern...

Windows 10 home version

crashing immediately upon open and prompting to send crash report

have tried uninstall, not letting me do that through creative cloud or windows control panel

have tried installing a previous version, and also have tried deleted prefs

Nothing worked, and suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Apologies for the glitch.

Are you still encountering the crash, if yes then please do let us know.

You can drop an email to sharewithai@adobe.com with this thread link.

With Best Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Illustrator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines