• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create color of text on gradient layer

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator CC 2020, I am trying to create an inverse color for text that is in a layer in front of a layer that has a gradient fill of red, white, and blue. The purpose is to make the text stand out more clearly, depending on what part of the gradient the characters of text are. How can I do this?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

If you go to the Transparency panel or click on Opacity in the Appearance panel, you can set the Blend mode to Difference to get the inverse of the colors. However, that's unlikely to make it easier to read. You might consider using black text with a white stroke around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Here is an example of a background grad with the same grad filling text flipped 180º. As you can see my example is not perfect. There is a center portion where the "B" is lost in the white part of the grad. with a bit of fiddeling with the grad you may be able to get some results you are happy with.

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.32.20 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the Transparency panel or click on Opacity in the Appearance panel, you can set the Blend mode to Difference to get the inverse of the colors. However, that's unlikely to make it easier to read. You might consider using black text with a white stroke around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing I find most important in type being legable when sitting on a colored backgrouns is contrast. I see this often with new designers who are working on their first publication. Just make sure there is enough contrast between the background and the type. Invers may not give you the needed results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is an example of a background grad with the same grad filling text flipped 180º. As you can see my example is not perfect. There is a center portion where the "B" is lost in the white part of the grad. with a bit of fiddeling with the grad you may be able to get some results you are happy with.

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.32.20 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines