Highlighted

Digital pixel effect - illustrator

Participant ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have searched for a while and didnt find anything related.

So i got this logo in progress bellow, and im trying to add on both ends of the "S" and effect thats more or like digital pixel, bellow my logo is what im talking about.

Capturar.PNG

Effect im talking about

85979218-letter-a-logo-design-network-digital-logo-icon-template-technology-logo-web-net-logo-icon-company

So i tried using the grid tool but for some reason im not able to recreate a similar effect like this, am i doing it right by using the grid tool or should i be using something else ?

Regards ASilva

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Digital pixel effect - illustrator

Participant ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have searched for a while and didnt find anything related.

So i got this logo in progress bellow, and im trying to add on both ends of the "S" and effect thats more or like digital pixel, bellow my logo is what im talking about.

Capturar.PNG

Effect im talking about

85979218-letter-a-logo-design-network-digital-logo-icon-template-technology-logo-web-net-logo-icon-company

So i tried using the grid tool but for some reason im not able to recreate a similar effect like this, am i doing it right by using the grid tool or should i be using something else ?

Regards ASilva

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could select a rectangle and choose Object > Path > Split into Grid to create the pixels.

Select the result and use Object  > Live Paint to fill them

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capturar1.PNG

I managed to do the 1st part of ur solution but the the second part i'm not understanding what to do what do i choose ?

Capturar2.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Live paint makes it easy to fill the "pixels" with color using the Live Paint can: (press K)

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html

But you can also direct select the individual rectangles and color them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ... i browsed my eyes trough the thread you linked,and i figure i was doing something wrong, i was tring to live paint something that was already painted, so i tried and created all the same process but with a transparent rectangle.

Now this is the result but for some reason it looks more like a Qr code then the pixelated efect i was going for 😞

Capturar3.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
ASilva LATEST
Participant ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i managed to do it, don't know if i should exapand it a bit more or its good like it is.

Capturar4.PNG

Now i kinda just need to replicate it for the top part of the S but that should be easy to do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines