Highlighted

Distribute Spacing Bug stops vertical distribution working

Participant ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest Illustrator update I can no longer Vertical Distribute Space.

If I highlight a number of boxes and don't make any a 'key' then I get this error when trying to distribute them : "Please select a Key in current document".

This refers to the fact that if I made one of the objects the 'key' then I could apply a set measurement to then distribute them by. But I do not want to do that, I want to do what I've always done which has always worked up until now - which is to highlight multiple items and distribute the existing space between them evenly.

This is no longer possible because of this new warning that is occuring.

How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Distribute Spacing Bug stops vertical distribution working

Participant ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest Illustrator update I can no longer Vertical Distribute Space.

If I highlight a number of boxes and don't make any a 'key' then I get this error when trying to distribute them : "Please select a Key in current document".

This refers to the fact that if I made one of the objects the 'key' then I could apply a set measurement to then distribute them by. But I do not want to do that, I want to do what I've always done which has always worked up until now - which is to highlight multiple items and distribute the existing space between them evenly.

This is no longer possible because of this new warning that is occuring.

How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug and the engineers are working on it already.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh that's great news as it's really been slowing me down, cheers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any more news on a fix for this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already install version 24.2.1?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am obviously have the same issues - I just updated and no luck. It still wants me to "select a key" if this is new and here to stay I need a tutorial on how to select a key!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0