• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 145 on Illustrator update

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud App informed me that an update was available for Illustrator, so I clickd the update button. After a few minutes, I got:

Installation failed - More Info

Clicking on More Info got me

Installation Failed

File already exists at the install Path. Rename/Delete the file and then try again.

Error code 145

More Information.

Clicked on More Information again, to get:

Exit Code: 145

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 3 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator23-Core', version:23.0.6.637

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator23-Core Version: 23.0.6.637). Error code: '145'

WARN: uninstall xml 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_23_0_3_AdobeIllustrator23-Settings_23.0.0.530.pimx' does not exist, treating package 'AdobeIllustrator23-Settings' as uninstalled

WARN: uninstall xml 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\ILST_23_0_3_AdobeIllustrator23-BridgeSupport_23.0.0.530.pimx' does not exist, treating package 'AdobeIllustrator23-BridgeSupport' as uninstalled

WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2019\Support Files\Contents\Windows'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I searched these forums, and the suggestion seemed to be to uninstall the Creative Cloud App, then start over. I download the Creative Cloud Uninstaller. It failed, telling me there was an error. I tried reinstalling Creative Cloud. After that, I launched it and tried again to update Illustrator. Same error.

Right now, I don't have a working Illustrator.

Moderator: Moved from Adobe Creative Cloud​ to Illustrator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Hi LAveryWaterloo,

I know this seems like a silly fix, but if you haven't already, turn the computer off, then back on and then try to launch/update. For this issue, it works more often than you'd think.

If that doesn't solve things, reply to this discussion, and we'll go from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LAveryWaterloo,

I know this seems like a silly fix, but if you haven't already, turn the computer off, then back on and then try to launch/update. For this issue, it works more often than you'd think.

If that doesn't solve things, reply to this discussion, and we'll go from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dude, you're a lifesaver! This stupid error comes up every time I try to update Illustrator and Illustrator only. I wish I found this sooner lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here:

Illustrator 2017 update fails error 145

Creative Cloud Updating Error Exit Code 145

error code 145

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course I already looked at all of those and tried the stuff they recommend. None of them worked. I described most of that in my original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Adobe Customer Care. SOmeone will need to have a look into your system.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick! Thanks.

I had a long calculation going yesterday that I didn't want to interrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg that worked for me too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jan 2020 - Error Code 145:  Yes! Recieved the update error code 145 then I logged out of everything Adobe. Did a computer restart. Ran the update again and it worked! Whew.... Couldn't live a day without my Illustrator 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

69 € per month for the suite....

And adobe still not support or fix bugs on the installation procedure....

More and more bugs..

It's a shame. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines