• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: "Incoming Variable Library Is Invalid" while importing XML data source file in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a dataset that gave me this error repeatedly.

I tried everything on the posts above yours and got frustrated since nothing worked, but this link you shared for the syntax formatting did the trick.

I was so worried  that I have too much data, 63 rows and 14 columns and some of the data is quite long eg. hobbies or where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Thank you so much!!

{Branched and Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for reaching out. As per your query, you are getting this error "Incoming Variable Library Is Invalid" while importing an XML file. I would request if you can try the steps shared on this similar discussion: XML - Incoming Variable Library Is Invalid and let us know if that helps.

You can also refer to this help article for more details: Merge data to create data-driven graphics through templates and variables in Illustrator.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

I had the same problem and i fixed this removing duplicate data of my files csv/xml. Try to verify if you don't have duplicate data information in your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for reaching out. As per your query, you are getting this error "Incoming Variable Library Is Invalid" while importing an XML file. I would request if you can try the steps shared on this similar discussion: XML - Incoming Variable Library Is Invalid and let us know if that helps.

You can also refer to this help article for more details: Merge data to create data-driven graphics through templates and variables in Illustrator.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and i fixed this removing duplicate data of my files csv/xml. Try to verify if you don't have duplicate data information in your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you posting this here. This is an old quarry, however, it might help others having the same issue.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines