Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export color library to csv

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a large color library and need to get RGB, hex values and the "name" (label) from color libraries.

This works great to export CMYK, RGB: Export of color values to Excel

This works great to convert to HEX: Easiest Way to Create Hex Color Swatch Chart for Web?

How to get "name" that is displayed in the Color Library (not the same as the swatch name)?

Maybe there's a newer simpler way?

color library color name 2018-04-24_12-28-03.jpg

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tlw22,

Thank you for sharing the above threads. This could probably be possible through scripts, hence moving this thread to Illustrator Scripting​ forum.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Srishti - I can no longer find those topics that thisn used to link to.

Where is "Export of color values to Excel"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that there has since been a "clean out" and all the old stuff is gone.  I found the particular thread you ask about through Wayback Machine. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20141202180523/https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1640679 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a test, I added a PMS spot color to a Library and then, in a new, empty document, I selected the color in the Library and chose "Add to Swatches" from the Library palette menu. The color appeared in the swatches palette, but the name was gone. Weird. Sorry I couldn't help. At this stage the Library doesn't seem to be directly accessible by scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines