• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding and opening Adobe draw files in Illustrator CC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am an artist that is new to using creative cloud and Adobe draw and I am having a difficult time learning how use the two in sync with each other. I have Adobe draw on my new iPad Pro and I am a creative cloud subscriber with Illustrator CC installed on my MacBook Pro laptop.  My intention is to hand draw vector graphics on my iPad with my stylus pen and be able to further edit the vector artwork in Illustrator CC, but I cannot figure out how to access and open the Adobe draw, vector file in Illustrator on my laptop.  When I am in my Adobe draw file I tap the save icon and my options are "open in" and "send to".  When I tap "open in illustrator CC" it says "sent!" But I have no idea where it goes to.  When I tap "send to" it only gives me the option to send it as a PSD or PDF file.  Long question short, how exactly do I create a vector drawing on my iPad using Adobe Draw,  Adobe Sketch, Procreate, etc. and be able to open/edit that vector file in Adobe illustrator CC?  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

-Tyler

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Tyler,

It should work in the following way.

Start by closing your Draw project, then reopen and send to Illustrator Desktop APP and take it from there.

First described by machuretillustrator in post #2 here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2235669

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyler,

It should work in the following way.

Start by closing your Draw project, then reopen and send to Illustrator Desktop APP and take it from there.

First described by machuretillustrator in post #2 here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2235669

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tyler,

You should be able to get your Draw projects as described above by Jacob. In addition to that I am sharing a screenshot of where you would see your projects, its the launch screen or main screen of Illustrator (without any document open).

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response I appreciate the help!  Unfortunately I still cannot get it to work. I have no other files open in Illustrator, I close the Adobe Draw file, re-open the file, from the "OPEN IN" drop down menu I select desktop illustrator CC, the little orange box with check mark pops up and says 'sent!" But nothing opens on my desktop.  I don't even see any menu or window that says "mobile creations".  Illustrator makes no actions.  Is there a setting that I need to change somewhere, could it be some sort of error with my creative cloud?  I know how to draw, but unfortunately technology is not my forte which is a big weakness in this day in age . Thanks again for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I found a reason.  after restarting my computer and Adobe application manager automatically tried to update after opening, a window popped up that said "error code A12E1" and will not allow manager to open or update.  Researched the code and found it could be some sort of issue with the firewall or internet connection that I'm using.  I am using the Internet at my local library, but I didn't have any issues the other day when I downloaded creative cloud and the application manager. If this is not what is causing my problem do you think it could be the software I am running on or my hardrive?  My MacBook Pro is from 2008 and I had to replace the hard drive about 3 years ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tyler,

I completely understand your situation. As shared in the screenshot above, you should get an option for Mobile Creations, where in you can see all of your drawings. Are you using the Illustrator CC 2017 version?

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue as of 2/14/2018 I have 2018 CC illustrator and most recent adobe draw app. when doing the usual "open in desktop" share it says "sent" in adobe draw but will not open in illustrator. yes i have the desktop app opened & yes i have signed in/out of both apps. internet fine. my last successful open in desktop was dec12, 2017.

seems to be happening to a lot of folks- has this been discontinued?

Icalled in to support and they dont address adobe draw questions and offer no help for import issues from draw to illustrator,. I read somewhere that older Illustrator versions might work but tried 2017 and 2015 versions to no avail.

ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you behind an aggressive Firewall?

Which system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, the screen shot is helpful but Adobe Ai does not look like this anymore and I cannot find my iPad / mobile creation anywhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to send them from iPad (Adobe Draw). Or export to PDF (Adobe Fresco) in your Creative Cloud folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue. Finally figured out that I was logged in as two different Adobe IDs (one on iPad and the other on my desktop/laptop), so they weren’t syncing. Also, have  desktop Illustrator open to see it pop up on your screen when you send.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same problem when trying to send my file from the Draw app on my iPad to my macbook pro. after closing and re-opening the apps, still nothing. But I realized that my creative cloud needed to be updated and all the files I sent over with ease once the update took place!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue where my supposedly "sent" files from my iPad Pro didn't appear on my iMac's desktop. I also resolved this issue by logging out of Adobe CC and then signing back in (after trying a bunch of other suggestions from people). Once I did that and reopened Illustrator everything I was bombarded with everything I had previous attempted to send but then couldn't find. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes; this works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also do not see the option to open mobile creations, and none of the fixes or workaround have resolved the issue.

However...

View your Files on the web using the CC Desktop app.

Turns out, your files are ALWAYS available from here. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, may be it help: your tablet and your laptop/computer must be in the same wifi network, otherwise it wont be able to send. Same account too, of course. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines