• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fine lines (1 pt or above) disappear or fade on different screens.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm having a strange problem. I use CC2017. In some files I use thin lines, sometimes they disappear or fade depending on the screen they are displayed. However, when you zoom it, all lines appear. On my screen, which has better quality, everything appears normally. But on the screen of my colleagues, the lines disappear. I uploaded some prints screen of what happens. I've tried a lot, the "make pixel perfect" tool, the GPU configuration, I tried to use a thicker line ... Nothing has worked.

All dashed lines below the word "Média" should appear as the third and fourth of the first image. However, this is what happens: some simply disappear or fade. In Illustrator everything appears normally. (The images are in portuguese, I'm from Brazil)

image (4).png

image (5).pngimage (6).png

These images go to a website, so the lines have appear on any screen.

Do you know what this is? And how to fix it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

So my colleague gave me a tip: save in JPG. And it worked, even without doing the required size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we see screenshots of what? An exported JPEG? The Ai file on different computers? ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are screenshots of a exported PNG-8, on different computers. In illustrator, it's like this (i will leave a screenshot), in 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have those PNGs been scaled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I made them 50% bigger. Because if I use the correct scale that is required for the site, the quality of the resolution drops a lot. However, this problem also happens if it is not 100%, but less intensely, when I view the image in the windows photo viewer, even on my screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System tools don't have advenced screen rendering capabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ... There's not much to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CHeck them in the browser. Perhaps browser rendering does a better job. Apart from that: make them the exact size you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So my colleague gave me a tip: save in JPG. And it worked, even without doing the required size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines