• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I resolve this issue: FMCore?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have suitcase but Adobe CC software, when launched, keeps coming up with message the fmcore application that is currently running is incompatible with the extensis plug in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

I'm not sure if this is still a problem for you, kimberlyh, but I resolved this issue today.

I had installed a trial version of Suitcase Fusion. I went to uninstall it after the trial expired but could not find the uninstaller, so I just dragged the application to the trash. Later, when I went to start Illustrator and Photoshop, I was getting the same pop-ups of:Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 12.23.26 PM.png.

I did some looking around and found on a link to this troubleshoot Extensis' page on this forum thread.

It instructs to:

1. Look for a hidde

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

I know it's been a while, but I just had the same issue and what solved it for me was to:

#1.  delete the files in Macintosh HD / Incompatible Software / …

#2. uninstall Suitcase Fusion.fontvault

• Navigate to: [Macintosh HD]/Users/[UserName]/Library/Extensis/Suitcase Fusion/ and move the Suitcase Fusion.fontvault to your Desktop.

Note: In OSX 10.10 thru 10.12: You can access this menu by holding down the Option key and choose: Go > Library

then I went to Suitcase Fusion 7 - Extensis.com and re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without proper system info or other technical details. Start by checking your activity monitor/ task manager for unwanted processes and terminate them.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Universal Type Client instead? Look in your Plugins folder for non AI ones and delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm version 10.9.5 on Mac and I had a trial for suitcase from some time ago. I never even used it and just uninstalled it and now am getting this message every time I launch the 3: illustrator, PS and ID. It doesn't seem to have an effect but why is it there? I see nothing in my plug-ins that is alien and have no idea what to look for in the activity monitor. Do I need to correct this or is it a bogus message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you dismiss the dialog and see what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does dismiss the dialog mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Options are presented when you get the dialog? Have you tried resetting the preferences by using Cmd(Ctrl)-Opt(Alt)-Shift when restarting AI? Was the CC version a clean install on the Mavericks system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only says to "make sure I’m using the correct latest version of FmCore. Plug-in functionality will be disabled".

I think you’re right about resetting the preferences. I’ll try that.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kimberly,

You may need to go a bit deeper in resetting things. If so, you may try 4) or 6) on the list below.

You may have tried/done some of them already; 1) and 2) are the easy ones for temporary strangenesses, and 3) and 4) are specifically aimed at possibly corrupt preferences); 5) is a list in itself, and 6) is the last resort.

If possible/applicable, you should save current artwork first, of course.

1) Close down Illy and open again;

2) Restart the computer (you may do that up to at least 5 times);

3) Close down Illy and press Ctrl+Alt+Shift/Cmd+Option+Shift during startup (easy but irreversible);

4) Move the folder (follow the link with that name) with Illy closed (more tedious but also more thorough and reversible), for CS3 - CC you may find the folder here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/preference-file-location-illustrator.html

5) Look through and try out the relevant among the Other options (follow the link with that name, Item 7) is a list of usual suspects among other applications that may disturb and confuse Illy, Item 15) applies to CC, CS6, and maybe CS5);

Even more seriously, you may:

6) Uninstall (ticking the box to delete the preferences), run the Cleaner Tool (if you have CS3/CS4/CS5/CS6/CC), and reinstall.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Kimberly.

I hope you will share the outcome with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you uninstall Suitcase? Used an Uninstaller or just dragged it to the trash? By just dragging it to the trash you might have missed some items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s why I’m surprised because I used clean my mac 2. It should know better.

Kim Hellmuth

kimhellmuth@gmail.com

626-460-8825

kimhellmuthdesign.me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kimberlyh86107732 schrieb:

That’s why I’m surprised because I used clean my mac 2. It should know better.

No. This kind of software doesn't know better. Most likely it ruined something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I realize all of this constant upgrading for all software is a wear and tear on my productivity.

Kim Hellmuth

kimhellmuth@gmail.com

626-460-8825

kimhellmuthdesign.me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is still a problem for you, kimberlyh, but I resolved this issue today.

I had installed a trial version of Suitcase Fusion. I went to uninstall it after the trial expired but could not find the uninstaller, so I just dragged the application to the trash. Later, when I went to start Illustrator and Photoshop, I was getting the same pop-ups of:Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 12.23.26 PM.png.

I did some looking around and found on a link to this troubleshoot Extensis' page on this forum thread.

It instructs to:

1. Look for a hidden Extensis file by clicking  Go > Go To Folder (or shift + command + G) and searching "~/.Extensis" (without the quotes).
  2. Drag the file to the trash. As a good practice I don't like to delete anything from the trash until I know everything is working as it should.

Next, I went to search for any plugins or extensions by Extensis that were in the plugin folders. I opened a Finder Window and searched for "Extensis"; a plugin for each one of my Illustrator and Photoshop apps showed up. Turns out there are plugins in the plugin folder called "ExtensisFontManagementAICC2014.api". The AICC2014 part of the extension name will differ for each application.

To delete the plugins/extensions:

1. I went to the application folder: the paths to the plugins for Adobe CC apps for me were Macintosh HD -> Applications -> Adobe Illustrator CC -> Plugins -> Extensions, or wherever your applications are.  These plugin and extension folders should exist for each adobe application.
  2. I dragged the "ExtensisFontManagementAICC2014.api" plugin to the trash from each of adobe applications giving me problems (Illustrator and Photoshop for me). As I said before, as best practice I leave the extensions and folders in the trash and don't delete them just in case.
  3. After all the plugins were gone, I started up Illustrator and Photoshop to check if the pop-up went away. Problem solved.

I hope this works for others as it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me. Thanks your share!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx mohad0, this is the only working and succesful comment I found. Finally resolved my problems, espacially with Photoshop where the dialog box wouldn't go after clicking ok and kept popping up, not allowing Photoshop to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mohad0, you are a life saver, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very very much. I've been searching the internet for days and tried many things but none worked. Your method worked.

Again thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016 Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg thank you! it was driving me crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dude, that was bothering me the last few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! Worked for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines