Highlighted

How Do I Turn Off That Annoying Tour Window?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked everywhere in the Preferences, but I cannot locate that horribly annoying Tour window that covers my work whenever I use Illustrator. Can someone show me how to turn it off (no, it's not the Welcome Screen...)?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How Do I Turn Off That Annoying Tour Window?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked everywhere in the Preferences, but I cannot locate that horribly annoying Tour window that covers my work whenever I use Illustrator. Can someone show me how to turn it off (no, it's not the Welcome Screen...)?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 12, 2018 2
Participant ,
Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah -- its the most annoying workflow killer in my opinion.

Illustrator I think I just had to use it then close it cleanly and it remembered I had already seen their new video pop up tour guide stuff... it stuck for a couple sessions.
...maybe just reboot if your adobe illustrator is leaving the pop ups

In photoshop it is this... (wish they kept it the same in AI)

'rich' tooltips

rich1.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 12, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TMacFarlane,

You can turn off Tool Tips by going to Illustrator Preferences > Uncheck Show Tool Tips:

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 2.58.24 PM.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best,

Wren

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 3
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it turned off and I still get this very very VERY annoying window. Hitting skip tour doesn't help.grabs.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2018 3
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We ALL need further assistance, Wren.. this is not a Tool Tip issue, it's those ridiculous Tour pop-ups. Seriously, HOW DO YOU STOP THEM???? I'm gonna lose my shit if these can't be defeated somehow; what an unbelievably stupid idea..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2018 4
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone please visit this AI bug page and vote for these to be taken care of.

Illustrator Bugs: Top (1613 ideas) – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2018 3
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So they have the time to program this cr*p but not to fix the frikkin bugs?

Adobe: worst professional software company ever.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2018 7
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work Wren. Turning off tool tips does not stop the annoying tour from opening on launch.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2018 5
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question is marked as "Answered", but turning off "Tool Tips" doesn't get it done. Taking the tour doesn't get it done. Killing production time is what is getting done with these stupid pop-ups!Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 1.03.43 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 6
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup! I can't get rid of the dam thing either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Can't get rid of it either.

Tried to uncheck "Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobad Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2018 1