Highlighted

How significantly do read/write speeds impact our workflow in Illustrator?

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking into upgrading my ssd to a faster model. This should increase the read & write speed on my computer. Will this make any difference in terms of my experience in Adobe Illustrator? If so, what ways can I expect an improvement?  I work for a company as a graphic designer, and I tend to work with big files, and I often need to clear my disk out to make additional space. I'm eager to have more storage, but the ssd I'm looking at (970 Evo) is fairly expensive for me, so I want to make sure I'm investing my money in a way that will meet my needs. Thanks in advance for any help given.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If you check out the system requirements for Adobe Illustrator, we recommend using SSDs. Solid State Drives should definitely improve the performance for the overall OS and Adobe Illustrator being installed on it, would definitely benefit from it in terms of performance.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How significantly do read/write speeds impact our workflow in Illustrator?

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking into upgrading my ssd to a faster model. This should increase the read & write speed on my computer. Will this make any difference in terms of my experience in Adobe Illustrator? If so, what ways can I expect an improvement?  I work for a company as a graphic designer, and I tend to work with big files, and I often need to clear my disk out to make additional space. I'm eager to have more storage, but the ssd I'm looking at (970 Evo) is fairly expensive for me, so I want to make sure I'm investing my money in a way that will meet my needs. Thanks in advance for any help given.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If you check out the system requirements for Adobe Illustrator, we recommend using SSDs. Solid State Drives should definitely improve the performance for the overall OS and Adobe Illustrator being installed on it, would definitely benefit from it in terms of performance.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback AshutoshMishra. Can you elaborate further? I already have an SSD, but want one with faster read/write speeds. I was asking how that impacts the performance of Illustrator. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do files currently open or save too slowly for you? If not, it's unlikely that faster read/write speeds will help you much.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0