• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add in item to menu of Illustrator to activate script instead of File - Scripts menu?

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote a script and installed it to Presets, but in real work I find in veeeeery inconvenient to activate script with File > Scripts.

I don't need my own panel or toolbar, just menu item for File (or another) menu, or some else more convenient than File > Scripts.

I was seen in web some like "app.menus", but for InDesign, and there are no same in docs of Illustrator.

How to solve my problem?

ps

Illustrator CC2015, but I wish make my script compatible with CS6 or even lower.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Illustrator has no such ability. Custom plugins, toolbars, 3rd party hotkey applications or even the faulty Actions with script as menu item (not recommended because they have problems on restart) are our only ways to run scripts without using ESTK or File > Scripts menu item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, kg93420415

If you have not more 12 frequently used scripts, you can make that prefixes to script names: 1, 2.... -, =. Then you can invoke the scripts like this: Alt>F>R>your script prefix. I'm use that "feint ears" some time.

But now I came to the conclusion that it is much more convenient to use a separate scripts panel. Why not?

scriptmix-01.jpg

But since you are not interested, then I wish you success in further researches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is an another solution:

Re: [ANN] New Extension in beta test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines