• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to divide paths in Illustrator?

Participant ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there ... ive been trying to create a image/brand for my self with my initials and so far i came up with this, below.

Capturar.PNG

And the thing is, i want to be able to put the yelow highlithed section with black color but im not being able to do that, can someone help me or give me a tip on hoow to do it ??

Thanks

ASilva

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

You can try to select the black and white parts, make sure that they are outlined objects (outline strokes if not).

In the Pathfinder panel click the lower left > Divide.

Use the Direct selection tool to select the parts that you want to fill with black.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to select the black and white parts, make sure that they are outlined objects (outline strokes if not).

In the Pathfinder panel click the lower left > Divide.

Use the Direct selection tool to select the parts that you want to fill with black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, i had to post here because some people were teling me to use pathfinder trim option and it was not doing anything, anything thanks a lot, i just need to see what looks better 🙂

from these 2 🙂

Capturar.PNG

Any way ... thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines