• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit graphic styles ?

Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried to select the graphic style then go to appearance panel but even though I can tweak values when I try to apply to the levels (24 in my case) nothing happens so I have to edit them one by one . Does anyone know how to edit all at once or edit ( for real ) the graphic style ? Thanks in advance

CC 2017

Win 7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't edit (Update) graphic styles but you can select it, All style options will appear in Appearance Panel so you can edit it and make new graphic style.

You tried to make your shapes as a group first ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean by apply to the levels, but if you want to change a Graphic Style and all the objects that have that Graphic style, you could do this:

Select an object and change it to the new style you want.

Hold down the Alt key and drag the object on top of the Graphic Style icon you want to change.

It will change that Graphic Style to the new appearance and change all objects that had that Graphic Style applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Tom, this is very helpful.

Did you figure this out by trial and error? It always amazes me how crude Adobe products are, and the work-arounds required for programs that have supposedly been improved over the past 30 years +

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve, I don't remember how I figured this out, it could be some post on the forum or just trying things out. Replacing elements (swatches, symbols, brushes) by using the alt key is very common in a lot of panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yuo can crete a style and apply it to the components and than change it in the appearance hold down the option or alt key and drag it to the existing style to make a new one. It will not fix the other but you get a new style.

Make a symbol from the images you can edit them!

Chana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chana,

what do you mean by "It will not fix the other but you get a new style."?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines