• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit image in Adobe Illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still very new to Illustrator and whenever i upload a picture i can not draw on it or add anything to the picture. Is there something wrong with my settings? And no the picture is not locked nor hidden.

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid it is rather not quite clear about what you are talking.

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

What exactly do you mean by "uploading a picture"?

What does it mean when you say you cannot draw on it or add something?

Can you clarify a bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe illustrator cc 2020!

whenever I upload a document it doesn't allow me to draw on it. Like the brush tool doesn't work it just shows me an error sign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you are opening a JPEG (or PNG or TIF or other raster image) in Illustrator and now cannot use the brush tool?

You need brushes in the brushes panel to use the brush tool. You can either create a new brush or load a library or you go about the picture differently: First make a new file in Illustrator. Then File > Place the image into it. Now you have brushes and then you can also work with the brush tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not sure what you mean by "uploading a document".

Can you perhaps just explain what you are doing and what you are going to do?

Please describe it as detailed as possible. Otherwise it is rather difficult to understand what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved by now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate response correct. If you used any other method, you may share it with us here. It'll help other users with similar concern.
You may also check out this help article to know how to work with images in Adobe Illustrator.

If you still have issues, you may share more information as asked by Kurt in earlier response. We'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines