Highlighted

How to Export Images with Drop Shadow

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble successfully export files that use drop shadows filters from Adobe Illustrator - it rasterizes them into a separate image layer. When we rebuilt the shadows in XD, it looks like the same thing is happening with the exports giving me black fills and/or losing transparency. 

Any idea on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to Export Images with Drop Shadow

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble successfully export files that use drop shadows filters from Adobe Illustrator - it rasterizes them into a separate image layer. When we rebuilt the shadows in XD, it looks like the same thing is happening with the exports giving me black fills and/or losing transparency. 

Any idea on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about the structure and appearance of your documents nobody can tell you much. If it occurs consistently across multiple apps the logical answer would have to be that you are combining features that cannot be expressed as dynamically rendered layer effects.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Into which file format are you exporting your files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

This issue is happening with every SVG that has drop-shadows combined with styling like gradient blends and masks. 

Regina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is which drop shadow? The SVG effect?

When making SVGs, you have to think in code. Not all Illustrator constructions can be translated into code.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 1
Resources