How to make Illustrator's Recent Files show only .AI files and not other formats

Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will never want to open the .jpgs I exported out of AI in Illustrator. I don't want to see JPGs in my recent files list. Is there a way  to NOT show them? I only want to see .AI files in Recent Files.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to make Illustrator's Recent Files show only .AI files and not other formats

Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will never want to open the .jpgs I exported out of AI in Illustrator. I don't want to see JPGs in my recent files list. Is there a way  to NOT show them? I only want to see .AI files in Recent Files.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2019 1
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is weird because "Recent" only shows Ai files.

Ai recent filesAi recent files

Can you share a screenshot with us?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2019 0
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.jpgs in recent files.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out. Adobe Illustrator shows all supported formats you opened in Recent section. If you only want Ai files then you may use the Sort feature to keep .Ai files in the beginning.  There is no way to remove the other formats from the list completely.

I am attaching a screenshot as well for your reference:

image.png

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2019 1
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not seem entirely accurate.  My "recent" file list definitely shows the JPGs I exported from my artboards.  I never opened any of the JPGs in Illustrator. 

What's funny is the preview thumbnail of those JPGs shows the entire AI file (grid of multiple artboards) and not the actual image of the JPG itself.

It's quite annoying, and seems like something that should be changed.  Why would I want to open a JPG in Illustrator anyway?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Resources