• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to "merge" two intersecting vector images together in Illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to comine two images, one an outline of a ball, the other a vector of a fingerprint. Want to clip of crop where the ball intesectes with the finger print so I'm left with a finger print with a cutout of the ball in it: Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 2.40.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-26 at 2.40.35 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Thanks for the suggestion. The paths wouldn't work for the two images - but probably newbie user error. I cheated and opened them in Phostoshop and selected all the black and inverted the image, copied back to AI. Did the Image Trace and adjusted until I was happy with the effect and then Object > Expand so I could customize the final graphic colour:

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 10.23.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expand all effects.

Select both and Pathfinder "Merge" from the pathfinder panel.

Then delete what you don't need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion. The paths wouldn't work for the two images - but probably newbie user error. I cheated and opened them in Phostoshop and selected all the black and inverted the image, copied back to AI. Did the Image Trace and adjusted until I was happy with the effect and then Object > Expand so I could customize the final graphic colour:

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 10.23.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines