• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2017 TAKING FOREVER

Participant ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To open, to save a file, anything.  It is just super slow.  What gives?

iMac 2013 27 in

OS Sierra

CC 2017

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

You had a volume corruption. I would call that a MAJOR issue for sure.

But what makes you think that Illustrator is to blame for your volume corruption?

Any app will be affected by a volume corruption.

You can be glad that you could save your work files. First I thing I would do now is make a backup of all my files on a different drive and then check the corrupt drive for hardware errors.

Illustrator took offense because it couldn't find a printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which hardware?

Are all fonts OK?

Font management?

Third party plugins?

Do you have a printer connected, set up and turned on?

Where are the files? On a server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the video.  1.9 mb file. 
3 minutes to save.  It doesn't show the color wheel of death, but you get the point.  Other CC programs have no problem saving, I have 300 gb of space on my HD left. 
YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the other questions?

What about RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so we have somewhat found what the issue is, but it did create a massive new problem.  None of my printers were registered under my mac (we 3 to choose from).  The installer for the drivers wouldn't even install.  I had to do a first aid on my HD to find that there was a volume corruption.  The volume corruption cleared up, but EVERY, and I mean every, Adobe app crashed and could not start up.  It also would not allow me to uninstall as the CC App would not fire up as well.  I tried uninstalling the apps directly from each folder and they just hung up and crashed.  It would not uninstall any app. 

I ended up contacting Adobe via chat and they guided me to the CC Cleaner program.  Here is where it gets weird.  The app cleaned up everything fine.  It however did not uninstall 3/4 of the apps.  I still had Photoshop 2017 installed.  I opened up CC after reinstalling and it showed that I had no apps installed when in fact I had quite a few still installed showing in my finder.  I reinstalled Photoshop 2017 and it worked fine.  So fingers xxssed.  I reinstalled InDesign and Illustrator as well.  Again, they work, but I'm actually afraid that this could happen again. 

Monika, I have 24 gb of 1600 mghz RAM available.  I checked the Activity Monitor and at the most I was using 10 GB of RAM at one time during this process.  No where close to the 24 gb I have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a MAJOR issue.  Like it CRASHED Adobe CC and every app.  Not minor.  Illustrator has been found to be the main culprit with this issue from what we are seeing on our end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You had a volume corruption. I would call that a MAJOR issue for sure.

But what makes you think that Illustrator is to blame for your volume corruption?

Any app will be affected by a volume corruption.

You can be glad that you could save your work files. First I thing I would do now is make a backup of all my files on a different drive and then check the corrupt drive for hardware errors.

Illustrator took offense because it couldn't find a printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would agree with you, but it just happened again.  After reinstalling Adobe CC 2017, PS 2017, IL 2017 & ID 2017, The corruption happened again.  There is a serious issue going on here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your drive for hardware errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not accurate, same thing happens on PC both opening and closing the app, even after updating from 2017 to 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files are on my HD directly Monika.  Fonts are ok.  Font management ok.  I just have FX Factory as a 3rd party plugin for Premiere.  Nothing for Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines