Highlighted

Illustrator 2020 crashing/ freezing on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I´m having this annoying issue with Illustrator recently.

I´m working normally doing basic stuff in Illustrator, almost everything being made of simple vectors, Adobe or Google fonts, creating web layouts (social media and stuff), with optimized and small images. No multiple softwares open at same time, no gaming, no heavy downloads or crazy plugins.

Suddenly, the Illustrator freezes. Is not actually a crash, it just a freeze. It remains open, but I can´t do anything after that. No zoom, no pan, no transform. If I try to save the file, I actually can see that the dialog box opens, but in a fraction of second it disappears, and again, I´m stuck with the freeze program. I keep trying do anything, then the program crash - this time, for real and close.

I'm using Illustrator CC 24.1.2 and Windows 10 1909 (SO compilation 18363.778). My computer is really new, not even a month of work on it. Here's my spec:

Intel Core i3 9100F 3,6GHz
16Gb DDR4 RAM
GPU Radeon RX 570 4Gb VRAM GDR5 1750MHz
480Gb SSD
Motherboard ASRock H310CM-HG4

This happens at least one time everyday, no more than two times. Also, it normally happens after a long period of working, something like 6-8 hours after opening Illustrator. I don't keep the computer turned on over the night - I always turn it off.

Is anyone having the same issue?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator 2020 crashing/ freezing on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I´m having this annoying issue with Illustrator recently.

I´m working normally doing basic stuff in Illustrator, almost everything being made of simple vectors, Adobe or Google fonts, creating web layouts (social media and stuff), with optimized and small images. No multiple softwares open at same time, no gaming, no heavy downloads or crazy plugins.

Suddenly, the Illustrator freezes. Is not actually a crash, it just a freeze. It remains open, but I can´t do anything after that. No zoom, no pan, no transform. If I try to save the file, I actually can see that the dialog box opens, but in a fraction of second it disappears, and again, I´m stuck with the freeze program. I keep trying do anything, then the program crash - this time, for real and close.

I'm using Illustrator CC 24.1.2 and Windows 10 1909 (SO compilation 18363.778). My computer is really new, not even a month of work on it. Here's my spec:

Intel Core i3 9100F 3,6GHz
16Gb DDR4 RAM
GPU Radeon RX 570 4Gb VRAM GDR5 1750MHz
480Gb SSD
Motherboard ASRock H310CM-HG4

This happens at least one time everyday, no more than two times. Also, it normally happens after a long period of working, something like 6-8 hours after opening Illustrator. I don't keep the computer turned on over the night - I always turn it off.

Is anyone having the same issue?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this has been happening since you got this new computer then it seems more likely that it is a computer issue and not software related. You could try contacting Adobe Customer Care https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html?promoid=RGJ8NLP8&mv=other . They hopefully can run a diagnostic for you to determine the problem. Due to the current world situation, though, it may be tough to get through to somebody. You might also try contacting the maker of your computer's customer support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Bill!

Thank you for your reply. I just updated my Illustrator to the latest version, hopefully, this will solve it. I don't think this could be a computer issue since this only affects Illustrator. Google Chrome, Photoshop, Spotify, and Windows itself keep running normally, even when Illustrator freezes.

Anyway, if this freezing keeps happening, I'll contact Adobe Support as suggested. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pedro,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. That's definitely not a typical experience with the application. I would like to know how the Illustrator is performing right now. Is it working better after installing the recent update? Did you reach out to our support team? 

There could be multiple reasons which could cause performance related issues. One of them was highlighted by Bill.

You may also try steps shared in this help article and share your observations with us. Do let us know if you still need any help. We'd be happy to assist. 

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been waiting for your response to this query. Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you have any further query.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0