Highlighted

Illustrator - Cannot 'bring to front" of all objects

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in Illustrator and trying to place an object over another object however it will not bring it all the way to the front. Should I be saving it in a different file format first.
I am working on a board game and want to put various symbols and images on the squares. Some place where I want them and some stay tucked behind the squares on the background color.

Same problem here,But I have a solutions simply click and drag to the top layer.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator - Cannot 'bring to front" of all objects

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in Illustrator and trying to place an object over another object however it will not bring it all the way to the front. Should I be saving it in a different file format first.
I am working on a board game and want to put various symbols and images on the squares. Some place where I want them and some stay tucked behind the squares on the background color.

Same problem here,But I have a solutions simply click and drag to the top layer.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 16, 2008 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Penny,

What happens if you select the object and then Ctrl+X and Ctrl+F?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2008 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still goes behind the squares and onto the background. Some images placed properly but I'm not sure what the difference is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2008 0
Advocate ,
Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the objects on the same layer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2008 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they aren't on the same layer...should they be?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2008 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved!!! I turned off the other layers before placing the objects.
Thank you for your help. This is what happens when somebody behind the desk thinks that they can play designer. I really respect what you guys do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2008 0
Resources