Highlighted

Illustrator CC - Trackpad alt+scrolling doesn't work.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I happen to be one of those people that designs on a macbook pro without a mouse. This morning I installed Illustrator CC and discovered that scrolling with two fingers up and down while holding the alt key no longer zooms in and out. There is a new feature where you can pinch to zoom, but that's not going to cut it for me. So my question is: Can I re-enable alt+scrolling = zoom for the trackpad? Is this a bug or did they intentially drop this functionality. I checked Photoshop CC and alt+scrolling works fine for zooming.

I contacted Adobe support to try and find the answers to my questions... no help. I was finally told that my trackpad was the problem but I reassured the person that I'm currently running both CC and CS6 and my trackpad is not the problem.

Anyone else having the same problem? Know of any fix?

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi everyone!

Apologies for the long wait. The zoom issue has been fixed in the 17.01 release. Please install the update either through your Adobe Desktop App or in-app by going to Help > Update.

More on the release: http://bit.ly/cc1701rn

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Illustrator CC - Trackpad alt+scrolling doesn't work.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I happen to be one of those people that designs on a macbook pro without a mouse. This morning I installed Illustrator CC and discovered that scrolling with two fingers up and down while holding the alt key no longer zooms in and out. There is a new feature where you can pinch to zoom, but that's not going to cut it for me. So my question is: Can I re-enable alt+scrolling = zoom for the trackpad? Is this a bug or did they intentially drop this functionality. I checked Photoshop CC and alt+scrolling works fine for zooming.

I contacted Adobe support to try and find the answers to my questions... no help. I was finally told that my trackpad was the problem but I reassured the person that I'm currently running both CC and CS6 and my trackpad is not the problem.

Anyone else having the same problem? Know of any fix?

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi everyone!

Apologies for the long wait. The zoom issue has been fixed in the 17.01 release. Please install the update either through your Adobe Desktop App or in-app by going to Help > Update.

More on the release: http://bit.ly/cc1701rn

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Jun 18, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only affirm this...trackpad zoom in Illustrator CC does not work like it used to. And the Magic Mouse has the same issue (which is, as far as I know, because the way trackpad zoom works is identical to the way scrolling on the Magic Mouse does).

Translate

Translate

Jun 18, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon,

I've moved your discussion from the Creative Cloud forum to the Illustrator forum. Here you will get relevent help more quickly, as your post will not get lost amongst Creative Cloud installation issues.

- Michael

Translate

Translate

Jun 18, 2013 0
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael. Wasn't sure where it would be better.

-Brandon

Translate

Translate

Jun 18, 2013 0
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this problem aswell.

Pretty irritating as I use the alt+zoom function a lot. If anyone knows a fix that would be greatly appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Jun 18, 2013 0
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here guys. I can't work without this "shortcut". Hope Adobe reply to this thred and fix the problem.

Translate

Translate

Jun 19, 2013 0
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! Adobe: help!

Translate

Translate

Jun 19, 2013 0
Resources