Highlighted

Illustrator keeps adding Video Rulers, Artboard Centermark, Artboard Crosshairs and a giant Artboard

Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I create a new file and using no template, the default setup seems completely changed. It gives me one artboard the size I specified, a second artboard the size of the entire canvas, video rulers, and crosshairs/centermark per artboard. I have no idea why this has suddenly changed, but I don't see an option to go back to the behavior previously. Any solutions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator keeps adding Video Rulers, Artboard Centermark, Artboard Crosshairs and a giant Artboard

Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I create a new file and using no template, the default setup seems completely changed. It gives me one artboard the size I specified, a second artboard the size of the entire canvas, video rulers, and crosshairs/centermark per artboard. I have no idea why this has suddenly changed, but I don't see an option to go back to the behavior previously. Any solutions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your new files are based on the last one you created.

If that was based on a video preset, the next one will be based on that preset.

Choose another one; based on Print, Illustration...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Inventsable,

another simple way to change an already existing document with video preset into "normal" RGB-Document in three steps

At first your document looks like this:

videoPreset2normalDoc0.png

---------------------------------------------------

Step 1

uncheck the green video ruler

videoPreset2normalDoc1.png

Step 2

uncheck transparency grid

videoPreset2normalDoc2.png

Step 3

uncheck all green guides (two ways possible)

videoPreset2normalDoc3.png

(uncheck all options for the green haircross and other green marks for the compatible area)

videoPreset2normalDoc4.png

to

videoPreset2normalDoc5.png

---------------------------------------------------

Done:

videoPreset2normalDoc6.png

Have fun

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And do not forget to delete the huge Artboard 2.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2020 0
Resources