• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator missing font and program freezes

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The past couple of days I have been having issues with Adobe Illustrator. I open a document I built in Illustrator and get this message. I will click to sync fonts and 2017-02-08.pngafter several minutes it will tell me that it can't be synced. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. I have even go to typekit and tried to sync the font from there. I can't run the program without this font for some reason. I will hit close and the whole program freezes, I have to open my task manager just to shut it down.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks,

Nicole

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

For my part you are welcome.

Can you please choose one of the posts as the answer that best helped you. this turns the post green and others will not have to read through this long thread to find out you do not need more assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have typekit on in your creative cloud?

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 9.27.19 AM.png

Are you able to manually open Acumin in tyekit?

https://typekit.com/fonts/acumin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's grayed out on mine, I couldn't deselect it if I wanted to, but it says it's on. I have also gone to that link and hit sync from there and it didn't really do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If greyed out that might mean you are not logged into cloud. Try manage account

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.50.45 AM.png

When you clicked sync your button should have changed to unsync. You should then be able to go onto synced fonts and see the list of fonts you are synced to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

I've logged out and logged back in from CC and it's still giving me issues. I go to the assets menu and click on fonts and it either tells me that I don't have any and to browse the site, which leads me to the list of fonts, but the acumin is already synced but still not showing up; or it doesn't load at all. Only the marketplace loads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say nothing is wrong with your file, so posting a copy for me to try opening would likely not help, but you are welcome to do so. Seems the problem is on your system only  as you are saying nothing is showing under assets your menu should look like this.

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 6.21.24 PM.png

Have you restarted your computer. I would tinker around with your creative cloud app and the typekit weblink, until you get the font to show as synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've managed to get the fonts page to come up. It said typekit was off, so I turned it on. then it prompted me to browse fonts, but none of them are syncing. I've synced (without showing up on cloud) several fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to synced fonts and the fonts shows, you should be able to use the font. Can you do a test by creating a new document and seeing if you can access the font/ Make sure you have the exact font you need loaded as Acumin has lots of fonts from italic to condensed, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I ended up uninstalling every adobe program I had including creative cloud. Re installed it and that seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you so much for your help it was super helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my part you are welcome.

Can you please choose one of the posts as the answer that best helped you. this turns the post green and others will not have to read through this long thread to find out you do not need more assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is my fresh experience on it with illustrator CC 2018 on Windows 10 :

When I open a PDF, a white popup is showing with title "missing font", and nothing on content, and the all windows is freezing, I can't do nothing else to close the app by windows application manager.

So, like it is said above, I uninstall all my adobe apps and the creative cloud too. Not easy too uninstall the creative cloud. Need to download an .exe (AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe) to do it.

I re-install all the 2018 apps. And the problem is still here on illustrator CC 2018 (damn !!!) Still freezing on the PDF opening with missing font blank popup.

I decided to install the 2017 Illustrator version. And....  It works. The PDF is opened and the missing font popup is full and the app is running.

Just few minutes after I opened Illustrator 2018 ... and it works now !!!! No more freezing and the missing font popup is working too..

So now I cross my finger to keep using illustrator CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines