• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IllustratorGc.jsx script error while launching Illustrator 25.3

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated this morning to Illustrator 25.3 - as soon as the update was done this scripting error began appearing (every 30 seconds). .. Personally went back to 25.2.3 which has solved this issue. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 10.01.26 AM.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

We are investigating this issue and reached out to Logitech for permanent solution. Meanwhile users can try the below workaround.

Create a JSX file with the following content:

app.preferences.setBooleanPreference("ShowExternalJSXWarning", false);

Save the above JSX file. Now, go to File > Scripts > Other Script, and choose the newly saved jsx file.

This will suppress the warning dialog and run the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Hi all,

We hope the issue is resolved by now. If not, please update the logitech driver to latest version (9.40.75) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 187 Replies 187
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please check if you have an app installed called "Logi Options" or you have Logitech webcam. If you do, please update it to the latest version & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already updated the Logi Options to the latest version and it helps nothing to it. Very frustrating.

roll back to 25.2.3 is the only option for me. please fix this bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work. I updated Logi Options, I rebooted, I DELETED Logi options, I rebooted again, I'm still getting the message. Please fix this ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. For me, Logi option and Illustrator were all latest version. I reinstalled Logi option and the message is now gone.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have to update Logi, but I did turn off “Application Specific Settings” in Logi. This has resolved it on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: I was already on the most current version of Logi and I was getting this message. Turning off was the only was to resolve outside of uninstalling Logi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes same for me after contact en remote help from adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same problem with brand new installs of Logi options and AI. ONLY turning off Application Specific Settings works. Thanks Ismithbarbri! Adobe - please FIX! Need those options! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too. Bloody mouse 😞

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it did not work for me unfortunately, thanks for posting though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, that was getting super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. You are my hero. This fixed it for me. (Knock on wood, fingers crossed...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! That's what worked for me too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You are my hero, this was driving me crazy, haha! Adobe please fix this ASAP, or I don´t know if this is a Logitech matter, but in the meantime it affects us to all users in terms of productivity, not to mention the aditional stress that it causes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this, it saved me a lot of headache after getting a new mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update and thanks as of 11/30/21. Confirming that your suggestion to turn off app-specific settings worked for me, although re-installing the latest Logi version did not. Living without app-specific mouse functions isn't a huge pain in my case, so it's a workaround that's worth it. But it's still an unsolved issue with Logi and/or Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me too, Logi Options needed updating to the latest version (auto-update was switched on, but for some reason didn't do its job). The intensely infuriating pop up has now stopped popping up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

I am trying to pass the script path as a parameter to Illustrator.exe and It was working for a long time but as soon as 25.3 is installed, I start getting this warning. Is this feature continue to be supported or you guys took it out in 25.3?

I didn't have Logi Options Installed but I tried to Install the latest version but It didn't help. 

Any help is appreciated !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many Thanks Dude  🙏🏻 👌🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community -

Since updating Illustrator this Morning to version 25.3, I get a permanent "script alert".

The alert pops up every few seconds and majorly disrupts my workflow.

I have neither installed a script or changed any settings from an earliuer version of Illustrator.

Any solutions or thoughts out there?

Thanks,

Uli

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.54.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uli,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please check if you have an app installed called "Logi Options". If you do, please update it to the latest version & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

thank you for pointing this out. Indeed, I have the app installed as I use Logitech Mouse and Keys. I updated from version 8.50xxx to 8.54xxx and the error went away after a restart of the computer. However, after launching Photoshop a service message appeared saying that the certificate for the Logitech extension was not properly signed. I will monitor this and see if other issues persist. Will be sure to update the Logi app regularly.

Thanks for your  quick feedback.

Uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesnt work, i updated the app but still have this annoying message popping up every 30 seconds making illustrator completely unusable!!! What is the solution??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here.  I just installed Logi Options and Illustrator a few days ago on a new MBP, and I'm getting the error every 30 seconds when I use illustrator.  I checked, and they're both the most recent releases.  
Is there a solution for this if you're already up to date? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines