Lose Quality when Embed

New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm in need of some help. I've got a detailed piece of work that I'm trying to do a few things with. 

1. The file is in Ai and I'm trying to remove only the white parts of the file so that you can see through the artwork. The artwork is way too complex to use the pathfinder tool to exclude the white parts. So what I've done is import the artwork into Photoshop and the best I can do is select the whites and delete them. Is there another way in Photoshop or Illustrator to do that? 

2.  I then go back to my Ai file and open the PS file in Ai. The file looks pretty good, but not great. Ther resolution is a little fuzzy (resolution is 300ppi and tried it higher in PS). When I embed the file in Ai, I lose a lot of the resolution and it becomes pixelated. Is there any way to resolve that? 

Here's a picture of the artwork. 

Any suggestions? Thanks so much. 

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator you may try one or several knockout groups.

Can you share at least a part of the original Illustrator file (.ai)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a high resolution document in photoshop then Paste the artwork as a smart obejct, make the edit , then place  the artwork path into Ai .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you simply select the white areas in Illustrator and delete them? Or are there lots of overlapping elements that would be revealed if deleting the white areas? You might also have issues if you have white strokes as opposed to white fills.

Illustrator has an excellent ability to select other objects based on the item you currently have selected. Select your item and from the menu choose one of the many options including…
Select > Same > Appearance
Select > Same > Fill Color
Select > Same > Stroke Color

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines