• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help to uninstall plugin

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is not properly working because it is saving that "plug-in must be updated or uninstalled". I have looked up how to uninstall plug-ins and the best advice I found for Windows is :

Choose Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator > Plugins.

I have been unable to go this route since I don't know how to find the program files.

I have also tried going to My Exchange > Manage All Plug-ins, but it says that I have no plugins

I don't know what other steps I should take (I have also tried uninstalling illustrator).

TOPICS
Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version on which system is it?

Does it tell you the name of the offending plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know about all plugins, but in the case of old Astute Graphics plugins you can find them in the "Apps & Features" panel of the Windows Control panel (Add and Remove Programs in System Settings). Might be worth a look.

Possibly also worth a look in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator <version number> Settings\<language>\x64\Plug-ins\

As you've checked "My Exchange" and not found anything, I'm guessing that means neither Adobe Extension Manager CC and nor Anastasiy's Extension Manager will be any use either. But if you're desperate...

I'd be quite tempted to fully reinstall Illustrator though. Obviously make sure you've got all your presets, scripts, keyboard shortcuts and actions backed up first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines