Highlighted

Need help with pen tool not letting me make shorter lines

New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how to explain it but all of a sudden when i was working with my pen tool it stopped letting me make shorter lines and wants them to be like 1/2 inch long or longer, I was making a vector so i need to be precise and I have tries resetting the settings but i cant figure it out. Im not sure if the picture helps explain but as you can see the lines are pretty long and i cant make them any shorter.

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need help with pen tool not letting me make shorter lines

New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how to explain it but all of a sudden when i was working with my pen tool it stopped letting me make shorter lines and wants them to be like 1/2 inch long or longer, I was making a vector so i need to be precise and I have tries resetting the settings but i cant figure it out. Im not sure if the picture helps explain but as you can see the lines are pretty long and i cant make them any shorter.

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you turned on a grid. Either the pixel grid or the document grid. Look under the View menu to see if Snap to Grid or Snap to Pixel is on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the response given by Scott, I'd recommend checking out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/drawing-pen-curvature-or-pencil.html#drawing_with_the_p... for more information about Pen tool. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines