• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to suppress the save popup

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We want to save a Sketch which is not saved in the disk locally (Eg. Let say currently the sketch name is Untitled-1)  through Adobe api.  We are using the following adobe illustrator api to save the sketch internally.

error = sAIDocument->WriteDocument(fullFilePath, kAINativeFileFormat, false)

But after calling the api the untitled sketch would be stored into a particular location. After the save operation we want to close the untitled sketch automatically(Right now in Adobe, Untitled Sketch and saved sketch kept as opened). We call the following api to close the untitled sketch(currently kept as  opened).  But after calling the api, we got a popup that “Save changes to Adobe Illustrator document “Untitled-1” with the button Yes, No and Cancel. Actually we don’t want to display the popup. How can we achieve?

AIDocumentHandle handle = NULL;

sAIDocument->GetDocument(&handle);

sAIDocumentList->Close(handle);

Regards,

Avudai

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Use  sAIDocument

->SetDocumentModified(false); before closing the document

~Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming CS3/4 here:

// Get the current user interaction state

ASInteractionAllowed interactionAllowed = sASUserInteraction->GetInteractionAllowed();

// Set the user interaction state to never interact

sASUserInteraction->SetInteractionAllowed(kASInteractWithNone);

// Close our document

AIDocumentHandle handle = NULL;

sAIDocument->GetDocument(&handle);

sAIDocument->Close(handle);

// set the user interaction state back to what it was

sASUserInteraction->SetInteractionAllowed(interactionAllowed);

Acquire the User Interaction suite with kASUserInteractionSuite and kASUserInteractionVersion.

I've not actually used this suite myself so please report back if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your update.

I am using CS3. I tried your code. But now I am getting Adobe Illustrator Save As popup dialog. I don't want to display that dialog as well. What should I do. Help me in this regard.

Regards,

Avuds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you could use the Action Manager Suite to do a PlayActionEvent with the kSaveDocumentAsAction (in the native AI format) so that you are manually doing a "save as" without displaying the dialog.  That way, when you close the file it won't ask you to save because you just did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use  sAIDocument

->SetDocumentModified(false); before closing the document

~Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also thought that SetDocumentModified might help, but I'm not sure that it will work to supress the "save as" on a document that's never been saved before.  It might work, I've just never used it in that exact instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tarun,

I tried with ->SetDocumentModified(false). Working as aspected. Tons of thanks. Thanks for all making reply to this issue and closed this issue with your help. Thanks again.

Regards,

Avuds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, I should've thought of that.

Glad you sorted it Avuds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2009 Nov 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having similar problem you had!,  i want to  save the current document convert it in to jpeg in single step

I tried to save the document and the code is running with out any error but the file is not being saved!

This is what i tried,

SPBasicSuite *aBasic = message->d.basic;

AIDocumentSuite *fSave;

aBasic->AcquireSuite (kAIDocumentSuite,kAIDocumentVersion, (

const void**)&fSave);

std::string abc = "D:\\Sreejesh\\test.ai";

ai::UnicodeString myString(abc);

ai::FilePath aiFile1(myString);

AIErr serror=fSave->WriteDocument(aiFile1,

"Adobe Illustrator", false);

can you give me any other method, or any samples which solve the problem.

Thanks in advance

Sreejesh K V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2009 Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sreejesh

Use WriteDocumentWithOtions API to export the file as JPEG

//Setting Function specific variables

ActionDialogStatus dlgShow = kDialogOff;

sAIDocument->RedrawDocument();

std::string strOutputFileName = “C:\\tarun.jpeg”;

ai::UnicodeString myString(strOutputLocation);

sASUserInteractionSuite->SetInteractionAllowed(kASInteractWithNone);

sAIDocument->RedrawDocument();

sAIDocument->SetDocumentFileFormat(aiFileFormat);

ai::FilePath aiFile(myString);

const char *fileFormatName=”JPEG file format”;

err = sAIDocument->WriteDocumentWithOptions(aiFile, fileFormatName, kFileFormatExport | kFileFormatWriteAs | kFileFormatWrite , false);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2009 Nov 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

Thank you for your reply, let me try it out. I will update you the result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 29, 2009 Nov 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tarun,

Thank you very much for your instant reply, I am getting an error in the line "sAIDocument->SetDocumentFileFormat(aiFileFormat);" , which is the type I have assign to the variable "aiFileFormat".

I want to do save and conversion in single step. Your code will work for the conversion to "JPEG". I need to save the same document in ai format also and your code is forcing the user to save in a particular folder, is it possible to allow the user to use the ai save option, That is I want to use the ai save menu with in my plug-in, so that the user can select the desired folder for saving the document. After completing the save operation the conversion to jpeg should takes place in background. The jpeg file should be saved into the same folder.

Thanks and best Regards

Sreejesh K V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you are trying to do EXACTLY, but this might work for you:

error = sActionManager->PlayActionEvent(kAISaveDocumentAction,kDialogOff,NULL);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

What I am trying to do is, to fetch the path of the current AI document in windows . To get the file path, the file should be saved in a location. I tried to save the document using the writedocument function. unfortunately the WriteDocument is not serving the purpose for me, So i thought  I can have use the save option in the AI . So that I can make sure that the file will be saved. After saving the document properly i can fetch the path. and I have to send the path to my web application. I'll be grateful if you helps me with an example. Because I am already running out of time.

Thanks and Best Regards

Sreejesh K V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's something from one of my older plugins that might work for you...  It's probably not the most perfect example though:

ASErr PlayNativeExport(SPBasicSuite *basic, char* newName) //newName has the full path including the file name

{

AIActionParamValueRef valueParameterBlock1 = NULL;

AIActionManagerSuite *sAIActionManager;

ASErr error = basic->AcquireSuite(kAIActionManagerSuite,kAIActionManagerSuiteVersion,(const void**)&sAIActionManager);

if(error == kNoErr)

{

ASErr result = sAIActionManager->AINewActionParamValue(&valueParameterBlock1);

if (valueParameterBlock1)

{

result = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetString(valueParameterBlock1,kAIExportDocumentNameKey,newName);

result = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetString(valueParameterBlock1,kAIExportDocumentFormatKey, kAINativeFileFormat);

result = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetString(valueParameterBlock1,kAIExportDocumentExtensionKey,kAINativeFileFormatExtension);

result = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetBoolean(valueParameterBlock1,kAINativeCompressionKey,false);

result = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetBoolean(valueParameterBlock1,kAINativePDFCompatibilityKey,false);

result = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetInteger(valueParameterBlock1,kAINativeVersionKey,14);

result = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetInteger(valueParameterBlock1,kAINativeScriptKey,1);

result = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetInteger(valueParameterBlock1,kAINativeIncludeImagesKey,0);

result = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetReal(valueParameterBlock1,kAINativeSubsetFontsRatioKey,100.0);

result = sAIActionManager->AIActionSetInteger(valueParameterBlock1,kAINativeEmbedProfileKey,0);

if(result == 0)

result = sAIActionManager->PlayActionEvent(kAIExportDocumentAction,kDialogOff,valueParameterBlock1);

if(result != 0)

error = result;

}

}

basic->ReleaseSuite(kAIActionManagerSuite,kAIActionManagerSuiteVersion);

return error;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines