• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Needed Suggestions for Figure Creation from Example Image (For Scientific Publication)

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have picked up working with Illustrator as part of my new responsibilities while working at home for my lab. I am tasked with trying to produce a figure for a publication that demonstrates what is happening in the below image. Any suggestions for techniques or tools, what is the best approach for producing an image that closely resembles the one below? Any help appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 10.33.24 AM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

As I see it, you need one twist shape (create a long shallow S-curve and duplicate it, then join the ends).

Then just duplicate and colour it depending on its position or type (front or back).

The other shapes are just coloured rectangles you adjust the height of as necessary.

DNA.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I see it, you need one twist shape (create a long shallow S-curve and duplicate it, then join the ends).

Then just duplicate and colour it depending on its position or type (front or back).

The other shapes are just coloured rectangles you adjust the height of as necessary.

DNA.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Simply brilliant!

for this part of the image in particular, how would you suggest approaching making it look like this but not having it look really distorted?

Thanks again!!

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.28.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think you'd need to do more than grab the anchor points and drag them to extend the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines