• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option-Command-3 (Show All) key combination not working in Illustrator 24.2.3

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option-Command-3 (Show All) key combination not working. I can hide with Command-3, but show all does not work. Worked fine before the 24.2.3 update.

Anyone? 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Problem Solved.

I unstalled removing all prefs and settings, and reinstalled Illustrator. Since it was working before the update and I did not fiddle with other stuff, I figured it had to be Illustrator. I had a custom workspace I lost, but took a screen shot before and all is back to nornal again. Super weird issue though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS? Does it happen with a specific document or all? Do you have other apps like Chrome open with the Illustrator?

Please try resetting preferences of Adobe Illustrator once and see if it helps with the shortcuts.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest version for both OS as well as AI. I reset the Prefs but no success, same thing. The funtion 'Show All' functions, just not the key combination. I checked what other apps use this combination, but none that I have installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiding, one of my msot often used sets of key commands. that could be annoying. I just updated to 24.2.3 and works for me on mac os 10.13.6.

Edit >> Keyboard Shortcuts >> Menu Commands >> Object
Check  the command is correct here

MikeGondek_0-1598028546451.png

Apple >> System Prferences >>keyboard
Check that none were hijacked here. There are lots with the 8 sections on left. As a test change one you dont use to option command 3, and if the triangle warning comes ups.

MikeGondek_1-1598028979641.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got my hopes up receiving this extended comment, but no luck - all settings are correct. As said, it worked just fine priot to the 24.2.3 update. I use the feature a lot and it is super annoying not being able to use the short-cut.

Have a brand new iMac with maxed out CPU cores and 128GB RAM, that shouldn't be it either. Will do a reinstall of Illustrator to see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may do a test: Assign a different keyboard shortcut to the corresponding command and see if it works.

If it does work, it may indicate that there actually is some kind of conflict with a keyboard shortcut in other (unknown) applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Solved.

I unstalled removing all prefs and settings, and reinstalled Illustrator. Since it was working before the update and I did not fiddle with other stuff, I figured it had to be Illustrator. I had a custom workspace I lost, but took a screen shot before and all is back to nornal again. Super weird issue though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please elevate this bug in the link below 

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

That is where the developers read and answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just did the bug report... thanks everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines