• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panton Plus Color Book Updates

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there a way to get Illustrator or Photoshop to update color books as they change. Over a year ago Pantone added 112 New Colors. I actually need to use a couple of these colors on a recent project, but they were not in Illustrator in the Solid Coated Book. You would think since the applications are not Cloud based, they could update the books with just a simple application update. What is the benefit of not having a Program that is cloud based as opposed to CD upload if they can not make these updates to the applications?

If there is a trick I do not know about to add these missing colors please let me know!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Get the Patnone Color Manager software (free if you have a printed swatches book) and then use it to install what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get the Patnone Color Manager software (free if you have a printed swatches book) and then use it to install what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, i downloaded the program and added the new colors!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tarrington-gsi,

I can understand your situation. As informed above by Monika, you need to get the Pantone Color Manager to get the missing/needed colors. Here's the link you can check: Pantone Color Manager Software with Library Integration

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Product has been discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this thread is from 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simpler option than Pantone Color Manager is use Pantone Connect, an extension for AI, ID and PS and also a web version at https://connect.pantone.com.  The Extension is available on the Adobe Exchange Marketplace (https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.103029.pantone-connect.html).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read any of the reviews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think everyone has read the reviews, but since Color Manager is dead, Connect is the only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why di you say get Color Manager when it doesn't work?

By @ACILL

My advice with the Color Manager was from 2017 (that is 5 years ago, just in case). And at that time the advice was valid (you might have noticed the answer that it worked for the thread opener back then). Now, 5 years later, it isn't. I'm sorry, I just couldn't foresee that 5 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I just couldn't foresee that 5 years ago"

That's unacceptable Monika!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That extention does not allow to see true Lab colors, not even talking about true imitation (nod to X-rite InkFormulation) of 7 color CMYKOGV that still covers only 90% of Spot colors of Pantone's 14 color system from 50 years ago and is still used nowadays. Of course in pastels, neons and two types of metallics they have own base colors, not part of main 14. 

No, Violet (V) is monochromatic, it is not like purple.

For some context see (PANTONE 3135 C, PANTONE 7460 C are in fact outside Adobe RGB 1998, only 2 colors out of 1758): https://cielab.xyz/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3371
😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have comments about Pantone Connect, I would suggest you tell Pantone, because they make that extension. If you want improvements, only they can implement them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened because of Ai 2023 and is Adobes responsibility. If Adobe wants to make updates it would be professional to make sure their product actually works. Since this update the Color Book Bridge is gone from older versions of Ai as well.

The dialogue box bug that suddenly wants to hide on the left side of the screen?! We can't even move it.

I don't understand why we're being tossed off to Pantone when it's Adobe's product that isn't working all of the sudden. Is it not Adobes responsibility to contact Pantone? At least you could troubleshoot with them and come up with the answer to give us.

I don't see how that's a professional solution to say you don't know and call someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a software issue, it's licensing. Pantone no longer licenses those colour books to Adobe. There is nothing the Illustrator developers can do about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use the Pantone software. I don't work in print.

I've heard it's not very good.

I backed up the colour books from my copy of Illustrator 2021 here if it would be helpful to download them:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qI0TaWIb3IYxORQZ_FWUtjGbxZW303vQ?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show a screen shot that shows Color Bridge books do in fact show up if we buy this from Pantone in order to get Adobe products to work?

By @ACILL

By the way: This is a public forum. 97% of people discussing in this forum are not staff. We are answering questions in our spare time.

People marked as "Staff" are actually staff. But even they can't do anything about this issue. You are talking to people who are themselves affected by this more or less and you are blaming us for it.

That is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has nothing to do with Pantone Connect. You can contact Pantone if you have questions or a complaint about the extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download and install the extension in Illustrator 2023 for free and try it for 7 days before you have to pay according to the Pantone site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Pantone own it, and Adobe have to licence it, and they decided to have users pay instead of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pantone Color Manager is still available via this link:

https://www.pantone.com/customer-service/software-download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does even work.

But you will need to have a compatible system (i.e. an old system)

And you will need to register the software (which is no longer possible)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 11 22H2. It still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Program works just fine on Ventura. I did register long time ago so I don't know if the reghistration part still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines