• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting text into Illustrator from Photoshop changes the font size, and vice versa.

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am copying text from a Photoshop document into an illustrator document. The documents have identical dimensions. Illustrator is set to display at 300DPI, and the Photoshop document is also at 300PDI. All formatting and fonts is preserved in the pasted text, except font size.

When I copy a 14pt text from a Photoshop document, it is resized in Illustrator to 58.33pt. How much larger it is in illustrator depends on how large it was in Photoshop. For example, a 20pt font copied from Photoshop will paste into Illustrator at 83.33pt

If I resize my text in Illustrator to 14pt, and then copy and paste it back into Photoshop, the font size is changed to 3.36pt.

It seems that changing the Unit preferences in either program does not affect this, although I noticed that changing the text unit preferences in Photoshop from points to pixels will change the value from 14pt to 58.33. But it still pastes into Illustrator far larger than it should be.

I do not know if this is something that needs to be fixed in Photoshop or Illustrator.

For context, I am using illustrator to add the bubbles and text to a comic page.

Thanks for reading!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Illustrator document doesn't have a resolution.

Which size are the documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make sure that the Illustrator artboard is the same dimensions as the Photoshop document, I created the Illustrator artboard at 467.53mm x 601.13mm, and when I export a .png from the finished Illustrator document, it is the same pixel dimensions as the Photoshop document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the image size in Photoshop. It has to be the same physical dimension as Illustrator. The Photoshop document image size should also be 467.53mm x 601.13mm. If it is the text size will match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, change the Image Size resolution to 72 Pixels/Inch without resampling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chriswifi  wrote

For context, I am using illustrator to add the bubbles and text to a comic page.

Hi Chris,

Can you explain your workflow?

What part is being done in Illustrator and what part is being done in Photoshop and where is the final?

Will the text stay in Illustrator or go back to Photoshop?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines